Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VIRTUAL DESKTOP WITH 8 MONITORS & 2 GRAPHIC CARDS ???
SERGIO   2002-02-11 22:03
First at all, sorry for my english and thanks for your attention..

I want to install a multi-display system with eigth monitors. In order to save PCI slots, i´ve decide to use two (2) Matrox G200 MMS QUAD graphic cards (up to 4 monitors each one)..

The primary graphic card will control 1st to 4th monitor, and the secondary will control 5th to 8th..

I know i can show mixed informations and windows in the two defined groups of displays (1-4 / 5-8), because each group belongs to a different graphic card

But, the question is:

If i want to show one big image in all the monitors (like i had a very big display),

Can i get ONE Virtual Desktop composed of eight monitors with the output of two (2) Matrox G200 MMS QUAD graphic cards ?

is there any problem with the fact of using two graphic cards?

do i need some intermediate system ?

In other word, can i combine all of the monitors in ONE group (1-8), although they belong to different graphic cards ?

Thank you for all.
Christian Studer   2002-02-11 23:27
Should work fine, see my review of quad systems for an example, I installed a quad G200 MMS + 2x G450 dualhead, seemed to work fine (I didn't actually connect 8 monitors though).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Christian Studer   2002-02-11 23:38
BTW, haven't been able to contact you at your e-mail address 'ssanz@indra.es', always returned an error.

SERGIO   2002-02-12 18:12
Sorry, it seems there was a problem with email server..

Another question:

If i install 8 display in the way you show me,

is it possible to see ONE fullscreen image in all of them?

Don't worry if my email don't work, i will check you forum every moment.

Thank for your answers,Christian
SERGIO   2002-02-12 18:12

Another question:

SERGIO   2002-02-12 18:13

Another question:

Christian Studer   2002-02-13 00:20
Yes, you'll be able to stretch a single image across all 8 monitors.

westside   2002-02-15 08:24
Hey Serg, your email is invalid. You wrote me and I cannot respond to your em.
As your question can be interpreted in more than one way, I will attempt to answer all the potential interpretations. Yes, all eight monitors act as one large desk top, and a single graphic can be stretched to fit and fill the entire 8-monitor desk top. My market data software (as seen in the picture) is one program stretched to the limits of the 8 monitors, then divided into separate panes to show whatever data I wish to display. So, it is one virtual desk top.
If you are asking whether or not a single same image can be redundantly displayed in each of the 8 monitors, for a total of 8 of the same image, I haven't really tried to do that yet, so "I don't know" is the answer. I can stretch a single image so that it fills up all 8 monitors. However, it would have to be a large image file to retain detail and definition after effectively being enlarged that much to fill the eight monitors.
Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to inquire further.
Saludos de Washington State, EEUU
Westside

Westside-10 monitors
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VIRTUAL DESKTOP WITH 8 MONITORS & 2 GRAPHIC CARDS ???