Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ASUS HD6670 EAH6670/DI/1GD3 + multiple monitors
Hans L   2011-11-25 02:46
Hello:

Would anyone possibly know if UltraMon can make graphics card ASUS HD6670 EAH6670/DI/1GD3 work with tree monitors (I have the monitor combination of VGA, DVI and HDMI ports, which are the ports this car has)?

Thank you!

Hans L
ecarlson   2011-11-25 04:57
The card and drivers would have to support 3 monitors (I don't know if that one does or not). UltraMon wouldn't have any affect on how many monitors it supports.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Hans L   2011-11-25 13:46
Okay, understood.

Card ASUS HD6670 EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 uses (like a few other ASUS cards) the Eyefinity technology (requiring a DisplayPort) for multi-monitoring. It requires the same resolution for each monitor. Can UltraMon handle that card and allow different resolutions (if you or anyone knows)?

Regards,

Hans L
Christian Studer   2011-11-26 08:31
This is handled by the display driver and can't be changed by UltraMon, but I thought Eyefinity did support using different resolutions, not sure about this though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Hans L   2011-11-27 01:28
Thanks, Christian. I will check the Eyefinity properties.

Regards,

Hans L
Hans L   2011-11-27 02:28
Here is what I found:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/how-to/Pages/faqs.aspx#diff-res

Can I support different resolutions?

All monitors running in a Display Group or cloned modes must be running with the same resolution. If monitors have different native resolutions, the highest common non-native resolution between the monitors will be used when creating Display Groups. Monitors running in extended desktop mode can have independent resolutions.

-------------

Guess "Monitors running in extended desktop mode can have independent resolutions." settles my concern.

Hans L
ecarlson   2011-11-27 05:29
Does your card have the necessary DisplayPort output for the 3rd monitor?

If the card does, but none of your monitors have a DisplayPort input, then you might need an Active DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI adapter for the 3rd monitor.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ASUS HD6670 EAH6670/DI/1GD3 + multiple monitors