Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 1 display over 2 screens
deejaygt   2012-02-08 04:19
Hi sorry if this has been posted before but a quick search resulted in similar forum posts but nothing that i could find that directly answered my question. My work involves me looking after nightclub light & sound systems but i also have a bit of an IT background so dabble into their computer systems as well simply because alot of lighting rigs are now pc controlled.

Anyway my question is this. 1 of my venues has a pc running windows 7 64 bit that has a dual dvi output graphics card. It has 2 50" samsung plasma screens (1 on each dvi output). The screens are mounted on there ends so if you imagine they are standing on their right hand sides with the bottom samsung logo being on the left of the picture.

The desktop is set to be spread across both screens so the start button and quick launch icons are on the left hand screen and the clock etc on the right screen.

The venue has a visualisation program that displays fancy visuals that respond to the audio on the screens now all has been fine until one of the screens packed up. It was still under warranty so was repaired and returned and now i can only get the visuals to display the same thing on each screen rather than spread across both screens. I can extend the desktop and get that to stretch across both screens but not any applications.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Glenn

deejaygt
Christian Studer   2012-02-08 09:47
Maybe you were using span mode previously and are now in regular extended desktop mode, check if your video card software has a span mode option.

In span mode both monitors are treated as a single large monitor, so applications would be stretched across both monitors by default.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2012-02-11 13:16
Yes, that is the same answer I would have given.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 1 display over 2 screens