Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Stability issue
Neptune769   2012-02-23 01:05
Hello Everyone,

I am running 3 monitors. Two are on a 1GB PCIe card and the third (Primary) is on the Mobo onboard video. All works great until I try to watch a video like from Youtube. Then the video starts to pixelize and freezes then the Primary monitor goes black. I have to turn the power off to reboot. The other two stay on and work fine. I have changed the primary, Set bios to 512MB shared mem. Changed monitors. I don't know where else to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If needed I can give specs in next post.

Regards,
Dennis
ecarlson   2012-02-23 08:37
Is your BIOS up to date?

Are your video drivers up to date?

Is your OS patched up to date?

Are you overclocking, which could affect the onboard video's stability?

Does it work okay if you remove the video card and test it with only the onboard video?

Does it work via the video card if you disable the onboard video in BIOS?

Since the onboard video shares system RAM, Have you run a thorough overnight memory test with one of the popular memtest programs?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Dennis   2012-02-23 10:37
Thank you Eric,

I haven't checked or tried any of what you mentioned. When I have some time I will try it all and get back with you. Thank you for your reply.

Oh there is one thing I noticed and was wondering if that could have something to do with it. The mobo manual states that the onboard video is an ATI Radeon HD 4290 yet the Device Manager says it is a HD 5400. I used the drivers that came with the Mobo.

Thanks again

Dennis
ecarlson   2012-02-23 11:24
I'd install the latest drivers from ATI (AMD). The drivers that came with the motherboard are almost guaranteed to be outdated. The ATI driver you download will support lots of different ATI cards/chipsets, so it shouldn't matter which specific ATI card/chipset you have.

Neptune769   2012-02-26 04:26
I updated the Mobo video drivers and it seems to be working good now. Thank you.

Regards,
Dennis
ecarlson   2012-02-27 13:54
Great!

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Stability issue