Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video upgrade suggestions needed
zerod   2002-02-22 06:09
I want to upgrade my system to be able to support dual monitors, but am unsure what route to take since I've been reading so many good and bad things about many of the cards available. I am running Windows 2000 Professional and have a 16MB STB Velocity 4400 AGP video card. I mostly use my system for 3D modeling and video editing (little to no gaming). I want to upgrade to dual monitors because my screen is very cluttered when editing video. I also want to leave the option open to be able to connect an NTSC monitor later on down the road.

Should I go the dual head card route, or instead use 2 separate video cards? Should I get rid of the card I have and replace it with 2 new cards, or just add one to a PCI slot? The card I currently have is ok for 3D applications, but it's not the greatest. I also don't want to have to spend a fortune doing this. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated, because I really don't know what to do. Thanks.

zerod
Chuck   2002-03-03 08:22
I'm running Windows XP and tried the route of 2 video cards. Was not happy and lots of problems. So finaly broke the bank and got the "Radeon 7000/Radeon VE". It has duel out and works great. If you Run XP just be careful about a driver update the Microsoft suggests. I had trouble with that suggested driver.

Chuck
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video upgrade suggestions needed