Forums -> Multiple monitors -> EasiDock 1000EV review
Christian Studer   2002-02-23 02:21
I have reviewed the EasiDock 1000EV, a non-proprietary docking station for laptops with integrated video card, making it an excellent solution for adding an additional monitor to your laptop. Read the full review here.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Hartley Sweeten   2002-04-15 07:09
Mobility Electronics has released version 3.02 of the EasiDock drivers. Highlights of this software upgrade include hot docking and undocking for Windows 2000 and XP.
Michael Dunkle   2003-02-11 01:50
Just an FYI -

The most recent Multi-Monitor Resources newsletter states that the EasiDock 1000EV may no longer be available. While it is true that you can't find the EasiDock on mobilityelectronics.com any longer the EasiDock is still available.

Mobility Electronics has split itself into 3 different companies - Portsmith (who is offereing several USB docking products - http://www.portsmith.com/products/port_rep.shtml), Expansys (who is offering the EasiDock 1000EV -
http://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=1000EV), and Magma (producing PCI expansion products)
Dan   2004-03-23 01:29
Does anyone know whether the Easidock 1000EV is compatible with the Sony Vaio TR1MP?

Dan
dan@uk.com
07734 566 966
Scott   2004-04-22 13:46
Does anyone know if the EasiDock 1000EV works with a Panasonic CF-W2 Notebook?

Thanks
Scott
V. B.   2006-01-27 06:32
I've successfully and happily added a 3rd monitor to my Thinkpad using the Easidock 1000EV. Does anyone know if you can use two 1000EVs on a laptop at the same time, for attaching a 4th monitor?

V.B.
Adam   2008-02-01 05:19
I was reading your review of the EasiDock 1000EV and was able to pull quite a bit of info. Thanks for the review.
I have a question regarding the VGA monitor connection if I need to use the one on the dock or if I can use the one on the computer and still use the dock for the other connections Printer, Keyboard, Etc. (Since I found low quality on a USB type connection unit when connecting to a 22" monitor) I would like to have the option in case the resolution isn't that good through the PCMCIA card.

I had a Targus ACP50US Universal Docking station and found that the video settings were limited and I couldn't get a clear picture on my Envision H22w 22" Monitor (Even when lowering the resolution on the settings) I am learning that because it connects via USB that is one of the reasons it's limited since not much data can pass as efficiently through the USB main connection from the Notebook to the Docking station. I came accross the next type of connecting using the PCMCIA card. I have been reading that it's faster than fire wire so I'm guessing it's the way to go.
I don't find any info on the Manfactures Site about the EasiDock 1000EV.

The dilema I am facing is trying to find aUniversal dock that will work on (My work Comp HP NC6400, My older Compaq Centrino M (I think it's a Presario) use for church, and my wife will be gettinga new computer maybe a HP or Sony 17" Notbook for working at home. I don't know if the EasiDock will be able to work for new computers and not sure it would for for my NC6400 sicne I don't know if it's part of the HP OMNI 6000 Series family..HP just says it's a HP NC6400 nothing about OMNI family??

What started this was trying to find a docking station that had a Parrell Port so I can use the HP LaserJet 1100 and also use the Envision H22W 22" Monitor.

I have the docking station for the HP NC6400 at work but when I take the comp. home I reaaly need a universal dock.

Any help or direction you could provide would be much appreaciated.

Thanks,
Christian Studer   2008-02-01 09:31
I would expect not using the dock's VGA port to cause no problems, but haven't tested this myself. I'm not sure if the EasiDock is still available though, the review was done quite some time ago.

Unfortunately I can't give you any other recommendations, I haven't tested any other universal docks, and use a Dell dock with my Latitude laptop.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
derek   2008-03-20 09:35
Hi,

I just bought an Easidock cheap off eBay. I'm wondering whether anyone knows if it is compatible with Vista? I'm thinking about upgrading, but unsure about whether this older hardware would be supported. Thanks!
mc   2008-11-19 05:37
Does anyone know if this is faster, the same, or slower than a docking station using usb2.0?

MC
FlatSix911   2008-12-08 14:22
Connecting your Laptop using the PCMCIA card is 5 times faster than USB 2.0

Does anyone have the Vista Drivers?
Scott D   2009-02-09 23:17
So I am guessing it is not yet Vista compatiable?
Ben   2010-01-05 03:35
I have this easi dock 1000 ev - when installing the driver from the CD that came with it [ brand new from the US] the system crashed with a BSOD which is really bad - I had saved my work - anyway theres hardly any docs on this thing online seems its older tech now - i downloaded the driver from thier site but its for xp -- I need it for Win 7 - has anyone had it working on a win 7 OS ?

thanks
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> EasiDock 1000EV review