Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV
Chris Heazlewood   2002-02-24 10:16
I’m thinking of getting an ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV.

but before I get one I was wanting to know if anyone out there is using one.

What is the 3D like.

What I want to do is have monitor one set up to play 3D games (this is my better monitor) and monitor 2 set up to put crap on and to watch movies, and also output monitor 2 to the PC when requires to watch the movie in the "big screen"(TV).

I also want to use this card on windows XP.
Finally dose any one know of any other weird / wonderful things that this card dose?

Will this card do all this?

Thanks for you help in advance
Chris Heazlewood
Jacq   2002-03-02 07:58
I am running the All in Wonder Radeon 8500DV on a dual processors (2 xP3 1Gz) and dual monitors. Ma second (PCI card) is a Geforce2.

I have installed UltraMon 2.7.

This package is running perfectly and no problems since over a month. Don't forget to install the PCI card first (leaving the AGP port empty).

Before the radeon, I had a lot of trouble with an ASUS Geforce 3 Ti200 Deluxe which has been put for sale when I bought the Radeon. For me, GeForce 3 and over, means problems.

Jacq
mitko   2002-03-03 21:31
where did you get UltraMon 2.7? Or is it simply a mistake and you use 2.6?
Malibujack   2002-10-25 05:42
What kind of Motherboard is your Dual 1ghz machine? I have an IBM M-Pro Dual PIII system, same speed, when I plugged in the 8500DV It didn't even get to POST or Boot... This same card works fine on another machine so its not the card. Has anyone experienced this with that card?
Once I get the card working, I was planning on putting a Matrox G400 card as the secondary (PCI)

Jack
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV