Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce2 MX-400
Chris Heazlewood   2002-02-26 09:39
I purchased a HIS GeForce2 MX-400, and now matter what I do I can’t get it to work with windows XP. I have tried to change the drivers with no luck(using both the latest NVIDIA realized drivers and the latest beta drivers). When ever I use the card my computer simply locks up (after about 1 to 2 hours). I have also tried to change the PCI slot (the card is the PCI version) with no lock

I realy could use some help with this one
Thank's you for your time.
tMBk   2002-03-03 22:00
Specs:
3 monitors (19"+19"15)
Hercules 3d Prophet 4500 AGP
HIS Geforce2 MX400 PCI
Sparkle TnT2 M64

I just brought a HIS Geforce2 MX400 TVout yesterday(@ the swap meet for $175AU), installed it and works fine.
No problem whatsoever.

Questions?
As a gathered from your question that you trying to setup a dual display in Windows XP, right?
and that you have tried to set the PCI as the initial boot up, right?

Answer:
Dual display in windows XP only works when you boot up PCI first!
Your PCI cards must be installed first!!!!!
Meaning that you have to remove your AGP card drivers
and install the PCI card first and then the AGP!

Future questions:
K, everything works fine BUT!!!! there is a horizontal line on both monitors,
how do I fix this?

Answer:
that's because the monitors omits EMFs, meaning their not magnetically shielded well.
Fix 1: play around with the refresh rates on the monitor, i.e have only on 70Hz and the other on 75Hz
Fix 2: have the monitors far apart
Fix 3: (expensive!) buy a shell of mu-metal.

all problem solve, I hope

regards tMBk
OZZman   2002-03-04 16:42
you can fix the horizonal line by moving your monitor further away from each other or putting a shield of some kind between them...
Nate   2002-03-06 21:11
I beg to differ about needing to install the pci card first.. yeah, I do have some problems, but anything involving the desktop works flawlessly. movies and games, well, not quite so much.. but I started out with the agp card, and installed a pci afterward, and it's fine..
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce2 MX-400