Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Main monitor won't wake from screen saver
Jim   2013-05-13 00:27
I have two monitors. Same display settings. The main monitor will not come back to life after it goes into screen saver mode. The second monitor comes back to life as soon as I move the mouse but I have to power the main monitor off and back on to get it to come back. Any suggestions?

I poked around a bit on the forum, sorry if this is asked and answered. Thank you.

Jim
Christian Studer   2013-05-13 14:33
Sounds like a display driver issue, if you haven't done this already try if installing the latest drivers for the video card fixes the problem.

Could also be related to the specific screen saver you're using, you could try if you still have the problem when using one of the built-in Microsoft screen savers such as Mystify.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jim   2013-05-14 22:53
It wasn't a screen saver issue. Both monitors wake from the screen saver, no problem.

It was a power (sleep) issue. The main monitor won't wake from sleep mode when the mouse is moved or a key on the keyboard is struck. I have to power the main monitor off and back on. Thank you.
bob   2013-05-23 13:39
I have a similar problem with a 3-monitor setup, using a Radeon HD-5770 triple monitor card. Center monitor is monitor 1, using DisplayPort port, with monitors 2 & 3 using DVI ports (which are also rotated 90 degrees).

Sometimes, from sleep, monitor 1 will not power-up, but monitors 2 and 3 do. So Windows 7 will reassign monitor 2 to be monitor 1.

But since the orientation is different everything gets messed up. The only way to fix it is to reboot. And then reposition gadgets, windows, and so on.

The AMD drivers didn't make much difference, but when I updated to Ultramon v3.22, the problem almost went away.

The workaround I use is to quickly power-off, then back on, monitor 1, then tap the keyboard or move the mouse to wake the computer from sleep. This eliminated the problem.

For some reason monitor 1 does not always get a power-on signal when waking from sleep, so Windows thinks its gone missing and adjusts accordingly.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Main monitor won't wake from screen saver