Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor Config Question
Tom   2013-05-31 08:04
Hi, I'm trying to figure out if your software does what I need it to do.

I have 10 monitors laid out side by side. They are powered by 3 video cards in a nice dell computer. They all are working, but the numbering is not the same after each reboot. For example, in Windows 7 display you can Identify and each monitor shows the number it is assigned. I know I can rearrange the numbers in the order that the monitors are actually in...however, my issue is that the application I am using allows me to output a video to a certain monitor. So if I click in the application output to monitor 3, I want it to go to the 3rd monitor in my display.

So if I have the monitors set up and working in Windows 7 they will go like this:

1 2 3 4 5 6 and so on....

I get this working in Windows 7 by moving the plugs around on video card so they are all the same....

But when I reboot, they may show as this in display properties:

4 1 5 2 3 .... and so on...

Does Ultramon allow me to "override" the Windows display settings so I will consistently have monitors in the correct order?

Tom.
Christian Studer   2013-05-31 09:30
UltraMon can't do this, I'm also not aware of another way to do this without physically changing monitor connections.

Did you already test if the application actually always sends the video to monitor #3? It's possible that it doesn't use the numbering used by Windows, so the video will end up on the correct monitor even after a reboot. For example UltraMon can't reliably determine how Windows 7 (and later) numbers the monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tom   2013-06-10 09:53
Thank you, was hoping for a miracle, but thank you for the quick response!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor Config Question