Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Hollywood+ DVD card (Dxr3), WinXP, Multimon
Terry Eden   2002-03-05 02:21
I've been having problems getting my SigmaDesigns DVD decoder card (also known as Creative Dxr3) working with XP and multimons.

Ok, so, a quick guide to getting the H+ working with Multiple Monitors under XP.

1) The Pass through cable must go to the AGP card, the AGP must be set as primary,

2) The AGP must also be set as the primary monitor,

3) The software (I used 2.3) must be installed in the default location (C:\REALmagic),

4) The screen should be set at 16bit colours. Resolution doesn't matter,

Ok, I used a ATI Xpert 98 as my AGP and a SiS6326 as my PCI secondary. WinXP pro.

Hope this of help to someone.

Terry
winger   2002-03-05 05:27
Do you mean by this that the DVD can be displayed on either monitor? because at present i can only view the DVD on the card that is connected to the pass-thru cable
Axident   2002-03-07 09:25
Yeah, you can only display on the card the passthough cable is attached to. I hooked it up to my primary AGP card: it didn't want to know my second PCI board, but I might have another play around with that now the det drivers have matured a bit. I don't have any problems running in 8,16 or 32 bit mode though.

I did go out and buy a good TV though. Just output to that and keep my monitor realestate. I want to get a small LCD screen with PAL inputs (a couple of hundred dollars) and clip that to one of my existing monitors on a gooseneck stand and output DVDs and AVIs to that, just for giggles :)
y-dawg   2002-03-08 10:11
what about software dvd decoders. i actually have a hollywood+ but after all the driver issues, and the fact that im short on pci slots, im curious of alternative routes.
i was using powerdvd 3 back in my uni-mon days, and that seemed to get the job done fine, but it was unable to work with more than one display adapter. so then i tried windvd. seems to work fine on the primary display, but doesnt show up on the 2ndary, just a black box.
first off, any ideas why powerdvd wouldnt work, and windvd would? i assume they use basically the same process to decode and display dvd video, but maybe thats not the case? then is there a way to display the dvd over multiple displays, either using one of the above mentioned apps, or anything else?
thanks

ah somehting just occured to me. could it be a resolution issue? i havent had a chance to try that, but when i get home, i will try running both at the same resolutions/refresh, see if that has any effect.

primary: gf2 ti 1280.1024.32b.85hz
secondary: vanta riva tnt2 64 1152.864.32b.75hz
using 27.42 nvidia drivers for both
Jason   2002-03-17 02:09
Overlay can only usually work on the primary monitor, I think that's why you can't see it on the other monitors. Anyone have any info to back that up or no? Let me know, cause I sure would like to see the DVDs on my secondary monitors.

Jason Yang
Digital Studios, http://www.godigitalstudios.com
Christian Studer   2002-03-17 05:51
That seems to be the case for single-chipset dualhead cards (all consumer dualhead cards), with multiple video cards you should get overlays on every display.

But you'll also need a DVD player that works on secondary monitors, for example Zoom Player.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Hollywood+ DVD card (Dxr3), WinXP, Multimon