Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce MX400 TwinView clone (NOT!)
Steve   2002-03-06 12:36
When I set twin view to clone, I get a desktop on my s-video connected TV about 1.5 times bigger than the screen will show. I can scroll the screen about with the mouse to see it all but cannot find a setting for a 'true' clone of my monitor. Also Im getting a black band of unused screen around the edges which isnt helping! Any suggestions?

steve@ssjones.net
mitko   2002-03-06 19:37
The S-Video Out max resolution is 800x600 and if your primary display is in greater resolution you will have to put up with the scroling. The UltraMon's Mirroring function should have been able to fix this but there is a problem with this function in WinXP (I haven't tried this in other Windows versions but it should work).
Now about the black bars around the the picture. There is a function called Overscan. It's supposed to allow you to view all your desktop on TV. All TVs are cutting part of the picture (5-7%) so the video card drivers take care of downsizing the picture. :(( this is very bad when you are trying to whatch movies. The solution for the moment is to use TVTool which can show you the real FullScreen mode but it has a limitation that it can not work in TwinView (Clone) mode and the primary (the monitor) will go in 800x600@60Hz.
If you can live with this in the moments you watch movies you can see more info at www.tvtool.com (or .de - in German)

Hope I helped you
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce MX400 TwinView clone (NOT!)