Forums -> Multiple monitors -> No mirroring ability with Radeon 8500 Dual Head in WinXP Pro?
Grady Miller   2002-03-19 23:43
I installed UltraMon last night in hopes that I could use it to mirror my desktop to 2 monitors since ATI's implementation seems to be missing. When I try to mirror screen 1 to screen 2, it fails, says I need to reboot, I reboot, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have a Radeon 8500 dual head setup that they have been able to mirror using UltraMon in WinXP? This is essential for me to be able to do, and unfortunately, even reading ATI's help docs and following them exactly, their Clone button in the display settings seem to be non-existent.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Christian Studer   2002-03-19 23:46
Mirroring currently isn't supported on single-chipset dualhead cards (all consumer dualhead cards from ATI, Matrox and Nvidia).

I'm working on a workaround for this issue, if possible it will be included in Beta 7. See this thread for more information.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Pyro   2002-04-02 11:59
I have an ATI Radeon VE 7000 and one day while doing my random updates I hit ATI's site to look for new drivers, I hit their find drivers tab, and strangely it sent me to a resource driver download page. I hit back and tried it again and it took me to the usual drop down driver search engine that we are all used to by now. I did some research and found that ATI is going to do what NVIdia has been doing lately, releasing one driver for all cards using a certain type of processor, I then found out that some NEW RADEON BETA DRIVERS had been leaked out of ati and ended up in the hands of the good people at Rage3D.com. So try that site out they have a lot of cool things for people with ati cards.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> No mirroring ability with Radeon 8500 Dual Head in WinXP Pro?