Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Sleekest Monitors for Triple displays.
Little Scooby   2002-03-20 14:46
Since not many of us can afford the supernice PV30's or similar tri-display models from MassMultiples, I was wondering what the best 17 inch crt monitors would be to make a homemade crt triple display system?

I'm looking for low cost 17 inch monitors with very small bevels so they don't obstruct the flow of a nice 3072x768 desktop. Black monitors would be nice because they look pretty slick but the color isn't as important as small bevels.

I mean, the PV30 and other models start at over $2,000 but you can purchase 3 nice 17 inch crt's for under $500 and have a very comparable display system. Sure, 3 crt's take up alot more space on your desk, but $1,500+ is alot of savings versus an all-in-one tri-flat panel display.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see what people think. I really want to put together a low-cost crt PV30. Any ideas?
Greg Howell   2002-03-20 15:08
I'd also be interested to hear if anyone knows of something.

The monitors used for cube walls would be nice. They've got a bevel of about 2 mill, but they're essentially rearprojection screens, so the picture quality isn't as good as a CRT and they're a tad big and expensive.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Sleekest Monitors for Triple displays.