Forums -> Multiple monitors -> i lose my 3rd monitor after reboot... any ideas???
jiggler   2002-04-04 10:33
i'm currently trying to set up a triple monitor system with windows XP:

i've got 2 monitors (lcd/crt) hooked up to my geforce4 ti4400(agp)and that works without a hitch...

but it's my 3rd monitor that's hooked up to the geforce4 mx420 (pci) that's giving me problems

now, i have my bios set up with my PCI as primary display and i'll boot up in winXP... all three monitors are working, great right??

the minute i reboot, i lose my 3rd monitor, windows doesn't even see the pci card, my device manager only detects geforce4 ti4400

i figured there was an irq conflict so i switched pci slots... i boot up, XP detects the pci card and everything is working once again...

but when i reboot again and i lose the 3rd monitor...

again, the pci card isn't even listed in the device manager after reboot

so far i've used every pci slot and i get the same thing everytime after i reboot...

any ideas or suggestions??

maybe the pci card is bad?? or could it be my motherboard (MSI kt266a pro)?? btw, i updated and flashed my bios just in case it was that... apparently not

any input is appreciated
jiggler   2002-04-06 09:56
fixed the problem...

turns out the visiontek geforce 4 mx420 is a dud...

installed an old matrox mystique from an ancient pentium 166 pc that i had in storage

can't believe it still works!!

wow... 3 monitors is a beautiful thing

wouldn't even think of having this setup if it wasn't for this site!!!

thanks for the ideas!! :)
Mike Bishop   2002-04-07 23:54
I'm looking to run 3 monitors on my CAD set up. I already run a 19" & 21" on my current Matrox 450 but intend to move up to an ATI Radeon 7500 and a PCI TNT to run the 3rd 19" screen. Any one got any advice on what I should do? I'd ideally like the CAD software stretched across two screens and the 3rd to display site photos with Ulead software.
Will this work before I part will lots of money?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> i lose my 3rd monitor after reboot... any ideas???