Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Weird, Nvidia? XP? Gfx Card? PROBLEM!!!!!
Jon Musk   2002-04-10 06:53
Ok, this is a little odd and quite hard to explain but here goes. I have an ati rage 2+ and did have a gf2 mx 200. They both worked fine as dual monitors. Nvidia drivers were 2311, and ati ones were xp own (ati tv out didn't work though). Anyway, all was fine until I replaced the gf2, with an INNO3D gf2 mx 200 64mb, + tv out. Right, well, as we all know, pci likes to start first, and so did, but lo and behold, the gf2 didn't want to work. The thing is, they both have the same drivers as when my old card and the ati worked in unison, but the INNo didn't like the ati. using XP drivers for the gf2 fixed the problem, but why the heck don't the other nvidia updated drivers work?? I'm about to try the 2832 drivers, but not sure if they'll work either, if they don't, anyone got any ideas???
Bob Blunder   2002-04-10 07:02
Seems like you and I have a similar bug. I am interested in how you forced XP's drivers onto the new nVidia card tho?
Anyways, like you I upgraded from one nVidia card (with a config that worked) to a bigger nVidia card (gf2 mx400) and now the config doesn't work.
Any tips anybody might have to this isseue would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Weird, Nvidia? XP? Gfx Card? PROBLEM!!!!!