Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce4 Ti 4400 Dual Monitor OpenGL Support
alee   2002-04-10 09:57
I am planning to upgrade my old video card to a Geforce 4 Ti4400 video card. I have a few questions before I make a serious purchase decision. Does anyone know if the GF4Ti4400 video card support Dual Monitor OpenGL(OpenGL on both monitors)? If yes, can I have OpenGL on both monitors with different resolutions(Monitor 1 = 1280x1024 + Monitor 2 = 1024x768)or both monitors must have the same resolution? I need it for 3D Application work.

ThankYou
AL
Stefan   2002-04-14 03:54
I have a GF4 4600 under XP.I have different resolutions on both monitors and I can run openGL
(Cinema 4D)on the first monitor and have the palettes on the other or vice versa.I can have open GL on the primary or secondary monitor.
Stefan
K-A   2002-06-29 00:59
Hi,
anything new on the subject? Anybody tried to run OpenGL application spanning both displays and still getting 3d acceleration?

// K-A
EFishwick   2002-07-02 11:55
see post in dualview in W2K thread.

Basically nVidia's nView software enables hardware acceleration across all screens (they're treated as though one large monitor) but the downside is they all have to take same refresh and resolution and dialog box and window positioning is kinda flaky.

This should work for all GF4 Ti cards - the Abit Siluro I use comes with a DVI to VGA dongle in the box, is relatively cheap and scores well assessed on quietness and 2d image quality.

regards

EFishwick
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce4 Ti 4400 Dual Monitor OpenGL Support