Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a way to enable nView on Geforce 3 w/ TV out?
TQ   2002-04-10 11:05
I have an Asus v8200 Geforce 3 Ti 200. It's the deluxe model, w/ TV-out. Unfortunately, the latest Nvidia drivers will only allow you to choose between TV *or* monitor; it won't let you do both. Even the latest drivers with nView won't recognize the card's dual output capability.

So, does anyone know if there's a way to "cheat" the driver so it thinks the card *is* capable of multi-monitor, dualview output? I know the card is physically capable of displaying on a monitor and tv at the same time, since the TV-tool software allows this (though quality is limited). I would really like to somehow enable nView's multi-display features on this card, however, so if there's a way to get around the driver limitation please let me know.
Ben   2002-08-06 22:12
Same Problem with Win XP Pro and Visiontek GeForce3 ti500. It outputs to eithe one or the other, not both. With the GeForce2 MX I had the Nview tab at least and after I upgraded, no tab or options at all :\. I have yet to see some kind of fix for this as NO ONE has found one for Win XP.
kuglvinkl   2002-08-07 07:24
There is NO FIX! GeF 3 card have just one RAMDAC, for nView, Twinview, you must have 2 RAMDACs. So, buy another cheap PCI card (at least 16 MB RAM), or sell GeF 3 and buy one from GeF 4 Ti series (two ramdacs in core). Alternatives: R7500, Radeon VE, R9000, R8500, R9700, Matrox Dualhead series, Matrox MMS, Sis Xabre, ...
EZToms   2002-08-09 00:57
Use TVTools, it allows you to do so. But your card needs to be set as primary.

for tvtools, make a quick google search, you'll find it.

EZToms
Biff   2002-08-17 01:37
But tvtool only enables clone mode on a GF3, meaning the TV and the monitor will show the same image. What a GF3 cannot do is provide two independant displays.

And additionally, with PAL TVs, even the clone mode often doesn't work because many monitors cannot display the 50 Hz image of the TV.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is there a way to enable nView on Geforce 3 w/ TV out?