Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Sim on 2 monitors, Hardware Accelerated
Sean Oetting   2002-04-11 06:37
Hello all,

I read a few threads about getting a flight sim to run on 2 monitors and found a way to get it to run on 2 monitors with hardware acceleration on BOTH of them. I used Micro$haft Combat Flight Sim 2.

Relevant System specs:
1333 MHz Celeron 1.0A
Visiontek Geforce4 TI 4600
256MB ram
Win2k, Service Pack 2, DX8.1

I set the system up in twinview/nView mode (NOT dualview). This mode is a pain in the arse, because windows recogizes the 2 monitors as one large monitor, and stretches the desktop and taskbar across both of them. The FSim would not run on both monitors in full screen mode, so I had to use windowed mode, but I opened 3 or four extra views on the secondary monitor, and manually sized/positioned them where I wanted them. I have a screenshot, and I will post it as soon as I get it edited for file size and uploaded to a host.
Sean Oetting   2002-04-11 06:57
Here's the picture: Flight Sim accelerated on 2 monitors

You'll have to ignore the low image quality..it's from making the jpg low quality to reduce the file size.
If you look at the picture, you can see the flight sim windows, the primary was on the entirety of the first monitor, and everything on the right half of the monitor was on the secondary monitor. Each monitor was set to 1280x1024@32bpp, 85Hz refresh. on the far right, you can see my system usage in the taskmanager, and I included some display properties windows to show some of the system settings.

Any questions?
HReiss   2002-04-16 18:43
Great tip. I have been searching for various solutions and will seriously consider how I could work a variation of this into my system. It might be time for me to learn how to dual boot ;)

Thanks for posting.

HR
HReiss   2002-04-19 06:59
OK, new HDD and Win2K & WinXP on order for a new system. Looks like I'll be working my way through all the OSs before this is over. LOL.

HR
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Sim on 2 monitors, Hardware Accelerated