Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Video Problem
Bob   2002-04-14 10:09
Hi!

First I think UltraMon is the best damn software there is for multimonitor users like us.

Ok, but i have one small problem. While playing a video on the 2nd monitor, if i drag that video to the first monitor, the video will disappear. From there, if i start the video window on the first monitor, the video wont show up, but as soon as its on the 2nd monitor, the video will show up. Are there any solution to this?
Christian Studer   2002-04-14 10:18
Thanks for the feedback.

This usually happens if you only have video overlays on one monitor, or the video player doesn't reinitialize itself when it is moved to a different monitor.

If you have the same problem with Windows Media Player, it is due to lack of video overlays.

You'll have the same problem without UltraMon installed.

Most dualhead cards have this limitation. If you need overlays on all monitors, you'll need to install multiple singlehead cards or a high-end dualhead card with multiple chipsets.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Bob   2002-04-14 12:38
Thanks for the reply,

I'm running on a Radeon 8500, and before install Ultramon, theres no problem.

Update: A miracle just happened, the video is working on both monitor now. Thanks for the help :)
Christian Studer   2002-04-14 12:46
Maybe the mirror driver caused a problem (only installed if you are using 2000 or XP). Did it work again after rebooting?

Bob   2002-04-14 19:24
hi!

It worked again after i changed the resolution back and forth. Its still running fine now :)
Pyro   2002-06-09 21:32
having the same problem but all troubleshooting reveals null, I can't get the damn thing to work again oh well I don't watch viedeo's on primary anyway
Christian Studer   2002-06-10 01:42
If you have used a display profile to disable overlays, see this thread for the solution.

You can also use dxdiag.exe to check if DirectDraw/Direct3D acceleration is enabled.

If the problem started after installing UltraMon, and you are using Windows 2000 or XP, you could also try removing the mirroring feature. Usually it shouldn't cause problems, but it might interfere with some applications under certain circumstances.

Pyro   2002-06-14 05:08
No nothing works, and even worse I have to reply to this from my parents computer, is some sick worl I contracted a virus that kills, I lost 3 harddrives last night, and I fear they are gone for good, my entire system is fragged, it really sucks, I shouldn't have the aforementioned problem anymore though
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Video Problem