Forums -> Multiple monitors -> I need a Geforce 4 with DVI-I (ANALOG CONNECTION!) Who has one and which is the best???
akalai   2002-04-17 14:28
Hi there,
I desperatley need to get hold of a Geforce 4 Ti (either 4400 or 4600 isnt that important...except for price!) that has a DVI-I connection. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!)

I have read here on this forum that some people had problems buying the Visontek Xtasy Geforce4 Ti series cards because they came with the DVI-D connectors and not DVI-I.

I need the DVI-I (which I have been told is both digital and ANALOG, unlike the DVI-D which is digital only) as I want to run two older 17" mointors (both are Dell branded Samsung SyncMaster17gli) off the same card. One monitor off the regular VGA connection and the second monitor off the DVI connector.

The other thing I will need is a DVI-VGA converter...where can I get one? (Hey I'm located in Australia and they just arent available here, so I will be ordering the video card and converter from the US, any reputable net businesses that you can recommend please do so) Are there any issues I need to consider when getting the DVI-VGA converter.....or is it purely a plug adaptor....I know that sounds stupid but I have had so many problems setting up twin display on my system that I have become super paranoid as to every detail....

I really need a reliable card that will work with my system, I'll include my systems vitals below, so if you could have a look and if you either are running a similar system with a Geforce 4 that has DVI-I and two analog monitors, or have the knowledge to help recommend a good card that will meet my requirements and system setup PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME!!!

OK thanks a lot and look forward to hearing from some people out there! Cheers!

Akalai in Australia

SYSTEM SETUP
AMD Athlon 1.4
ASUS A7V-133 motherboard and the infamous
VIA chipset

I currently have a AGP Geforce 2gts card which was unable to work with a second card I bought which was an AOPEN PCI Geforce 2MX 400 due to the conflicts caused between XP/Via/Nvidia/AMD. For all the sad details of this story go to the links on this forum:

VIA chipset vs. Nvidia...can they live in harmony?
www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=1203&tmpl=UltraMon

Nvidia drivers for my 2gts/2mx400 keep killing XP!HELP!!!
www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=1201&tmpl=UltraMon

akalaiakalai@hotmail.com
akalai   2002-04-17 15:29
Ooops...forgot to say...

If you refer to a specific card can you please also quote the manufacturers model number if possible so I can be sure of what I order. THANKS Akalai

akalaiakalai@hotmail.com
Mark   2002-04-17 18:23
PNY Technologies makes a "Verto" GEForce4 Ti 4400 with 128 MB DDR ram that has one analog, one DVI-I and one S video out. I am using this myself, although to run one analog monitor and one digital. No model number is obvious on the packaging - I could look on the back of the graphics card if you need it. The DVI-I to analog adapter is indeed simply a small plug adapter.

Also I believe Visiontek makes a GEForce4 MX 440 that has two analog outputs if that suits your needs - sorry I have no more info on that card but I do think that is what I saw at the store.
akalai   2002-04-17 19:28
Thanks Mark, am checking those cards out that you mentioned...what system are you running?

akalaiakalai@hotmail.com
Mark   2002-04-18 07:29
W2k SP2
Tazer II - Tyan S1854 Via 133A 4X
2 LCD monitors, one with analog only input
15" LCD at 1024x768
18" LCD at 1280x1024 with analog or digital input
(an LG Flatron L1800P - very nice monitor)
Detonator 28.32 drivers for the GEForce4 Ti 4400
card - needed the registry tweak mentioned in
other threads to get W2k's dualView option to work.
PIII 667
384 MB Ram
Pivot Pro software - can pivot either monitor independently.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> I need a Geforce 4 with DVI-I (ANALOG CONNECTION!) Who has one and which is the best???