Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win XP Geforce2MX 200 AGP and Geforce2MX PCI
Moloch   2002-04-18 11:12
the GF2 PCI has tv out while the agp does not. When I have all my cards hooked up... 2 vid cards, sound, and network, WinXP has the same problem as described here.

Where it has trouble reading the registry right after the boot screen. About 1/5 times it will get this error, but 4/5 times it will work but it takes about 5 minutes or more to boot. When I take out my sound card so only the 2 vid cards and network are connected boots up normally. I have moved my pci cards around. BIOS is set to boot PCI vga first.

This problem is also confirmed with a TNT2 Ultra as the agp card.

One thing i am considering is maybe using the manufactures drivers for the PCI card, will that make a difference? Any ideas?
Moloch   2002-04-24 05:16
I have been messing with the issue for awhile when my computer wouldn't boot. It couldn't access the registry at /windows/sytem32/config/system. Well i took it to a friends house to backup on his hdd, just in case. I did a reinstall (it deletes the windows directory). Everything appeared to find until I installed the drivers for my Highpoint Ultra66 controller built in to my Abit BE6 motherboard. That was the problem. I never would have guessed because it had worked fine previously. I went to Hightpoint.com. And got he lastest beta drivers for 2000. That did the trick. Hopefully the few people with this problem and have a Abit BE6, BE62, and BP6, possibly just a pci Highpoint U66. Will be able to fix their problems.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win XP Geforce2MX 200 AGP and Geforce2MX PCI