Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia Twinview and 2 VGA connectors HOWTO?
Surial   2002-04-19 03:06
I have one plain VGA monitor, connected to the VGA output of my NVidia Geforce2 MX. (To be exact, an Asus V7100/T 32MB).

There's two more connectors on the video card. An SVHS/TV output (S-Video), and a composite (RCA) output.

I want to connect another VGA monitor to the card. How does this work? Are there (relatively) cheap plugs out there that convert Either SVideo or the RCA output (or both? I have no clue here...) to VGA, or should I get another cheap PCI card instead?

The NVidia FAQ states it supports 2 'RGB monitors' (Guessing those are VGA monitors) but "(with extra RAMDAC)".

Very confusing.
Nite   2002-04-19 05:46
If your card has only those outputs, it _isn't_ a twinview card, and the only option you have is to get another cheap PCI card. the Twinview cards have either two VGA outs or one VGA and one DVI (which, depending on the card can be used as VGA out via adapter)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Surial   2002-04-19 12:04
talk about your basic example of misleading marketing.

Thanks.
Scott Stafford   2002-04-21 03:22
This should be added to the FAQ.

Its a real bother trying to figure out Nvidia's multi monitor abilities without knowing this.
Lanlan   2002-04-22 08:19
Hi,

Well, I know Asus does manufacture a "real" twinview video card in their 7100 line. Look for the Asus V7100 2V1D model, it has one dvi and vga out and includes the dvi-vga adapter. :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> NVidia Twinview and 2 VGA connectors HOWTO?