Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows boots to secondary monitor
Mike Lewis   2002-04-20 10:17
Bottom line - i want to set the monitor connected to the DVI port as the primary monitor, the one on which winxp boots. i'm running 2 lcd flat panels, one GF4 Ti4600, and XP Pro. Anyone help?? it's just bugging me a lot that all the dos stuff starts on my secondary monitor.

Cheers

Mike
John   2002-04-21 07:25
That's bugging you? Let me tell you what's bugging me ;-)
I am encountering a problem with similar result only the reason and set-up is different. Before I was MM-ing my laptop with Trident twinview card on both my laptop-TFT and a CRT. That was fine UNTIL I switched from Win98 to Win2000 a week ago. Now inside the docking station it runs the same view on both screens and when I run it alone (which is not uncommon with a laptop ;-)) it boots normally but after the windows initialization leaves the TFT black, obviously running some imaginary CRT which isn't there anymore. Now THAT is bugging me. ;-)

And the rest of the people when I am diving under someone's desk pulling a CRT cable out of someone's PC to get to my TFT settings ... which then is fine until the next stand-alone boot-up. ;-)
Mark   2002-04-24 07:15
I have the same problem as Mike above, but GEForce4 Ti 4400 and W2K. Early boot screens on the secondary VGA monitor and then Windows splash screens ("loading user settings", etc.) on the primary LCD connected to the DVI-I. I notice in the Device Manager panel the VGA is listed first (as the "NVIDIA Dualview" display adapter) and the LCD is listed second as the NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400 adapter. Perhaps this determines boot sequence?

Hoping someone has the fix. Already using the 28.32 drivers of course.
B   2002-04-28 12:11
I am running 2 lcd flat panel with 2 ati cards and I had multiple problems with XP and win2k.. my fix was to go ahead and run me.. all is well with me.. spent months playing with the other os's.... but always had a redraw problem on the primary card.. no problemos with me.. even though I can't use my 1.5g of memory with me.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Windows boots to secondary monitor