Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor problem.
Egil Krokli   2002-04-23 06:09
I have just installed a Hercules Prophet 4000XT PCI card on a 17" old screen(1024x758@75HZ) in addition to a (AGP) Creative GF3 200 ti, clocked to 500ti spec. on a new 21 " Sony E530 (1600x1200@85Hz). I`m using Win 98 se.

My system: AMD 1800+, Soltek 75drv4, 512 DDR-SDRAM (mab-memory). When installation was finished I was prompted on my 17" bluescreen that "if I could read this message.." everything was OK, and was asked to go to display/ settings to activate the new monitor/adapter. Did so but the screen remained blue. Seems like there is no input from mainboard to the PCI card.Then I tried to change from AGP to PCI s primary display in BIOS. This just activated the old screen/PCI-card but the Sony went black and into a faultmodus which the manual describes as it has to undergo service / maintenance. Reversed the primary display to AGP, but the problem consist. The only activity on the bluescreen was the mouse cursor. What has went wrong ? Is the system combination above not compatible with an additional PCI-card ?

Appreciate all suggestions..
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor problem.