Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TV-out on GF4 Ti lacks overscan?
Weyland   2002-04-24 05:38
Now this is nagging me, I've used an Asus V7700 a few years with tv-output, perfectly overscanned for my TV by default using nvidia detonators.

Now I've got myself a cheap Creative Ti4400, but the tv-output displays with huuuge borders on my TV, and I can't find any info on fixing this or getting overscan to work. Wtf? This can't be, can it? I've tried all resolutions, from 640x800 up to 1024x768, and they all scale to a small display on my TV, with large and horrible borders on all edges. Overlay zoom is even worse, with double the borders without reason :(

/Weyland
imasubmarine   2002-04-25 03:44
I've been bothered by the same thing lately. :(
The conexant chipset that equips the Geforce4 Ti serie is able to do overscan underscan, but since it's backward compatible with previous Geforce TV out chipsets i don't think Nvidia worked to take to most out of that chip.
In Rivatuner driver database there is a reg key called "DisableTVOverscan". Well anyhow it's not enabled by default.

If you find out something about this subject let me know please.
Weyland   2002-04-28 02:58
Yep, I will keep you posted on here on any progress in the matter.

/Weyland
Weyland   2002-04-29 04:22
Ok, I'm on a long discussion with Creative at the moment. For the time being, I've found out an obvious (but confusing) fact: using NTSC makes the borders much less intrusive on my set.

By in PAL-B/G, the borders take up 10% of horisontal space and 13% of vertical space, no matter what I do... I'll keep posting on this when something new is up. I'm thinking about modifying the signaling in the driver files manually...

/Weyland
cjdshaw   2002-06-05 10:52
Have you tried using TV Tool to resize the output?
http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm
Alternatively, try using something like Powerstrip to set the desktop resolution to 768x576. Let me know if you have any success as I'm thinking of buying the Creative Ti4600 and I'd like to use the TV out for video stuff.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TV-out on GF4 Ti lacks overscan?