Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Any Software For Off-screen Forms?
Mark Jerde   2002-04-25 01:36
Hi. Win2000 Pro SP2. 4 monitors on Matrox G450 PCI and AGP. Used for Delphi and VB software development.

Changing the primary monitor has caused both Delphi and VB6 to become confused in positioning of some forms, toolbars and etc. Not all these windows respond to the Alt-Space | Move trick. The Windows Toolbar option "Cascade Windows" didn't bring back these "lost in space" toolbars either. Is there software people use to find and move off-screen windows to where there are actual pixels? I looked through the UltraMon pages but missed the feature if it was mentioned.

Thanks.

-- Mark
Mark Jerde   2002-04-25 01:42
P.S. Some day I'll dig through my old photos and post a "dual monitor" setup circa 1984 on my 8 MHz 8086 PC.
Steve   2006-05-24 20:00
Mark,

did you ever find a solution?

I'm running a Matrox G550, 2x19" lcd and Delphi, and for a few days struck the same problems when I had the Matrox driver set differently to now. I can't remember the settings (a year ago), but I ended up losing the ability to maximise an application into one or other monitor, and just treat the 2 as a single wide desktop. Had to use Alt/Space/Move etc to get all my Delphi windows back on screen though. It took a while before I got everything straight again as I use 4 diff versions of Delphi, and dozens of diff projects.

I've sort of got used to everything defaulting centred, but will Ultramon help much over the Matrox driver?

regards,
Steve
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Any Software For Off-screen Forms?