Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon VE, Independent Displays?
John   2002-04-29 08:07
I have a Radeon VE, which has 2 video outs on it, one DVI and the other normal. Is it possible to have two independently controlled desktops on 2 monitors (FlatPanel Analogs)? Or are you confined to only having clones where it replicates the primary monitors image? I know you can extend the desktop, but I need to have two independent desktops on one machine. Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks,
John
Craig   2002-04-29 11:11
This is exactly what i'm after. Have been looking around posting for wks with no results. Got some good responses, but everybody seems to think it's a no-go. Windows just can't have two desktops on seperate monitors.

If this does it for you then good, but it's not what i was after at all: Windows XP powertools has an option for 4 virtual desktops, you can only view one at a time, but surely somebody must want that feature??? no??? oh well.

Good luck, if u get a soln, pls post :)

Craig
Christian Studer   2002-04-29 11:18
If you're looking for a multi-user system, check out BeTwin.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Dan   2002-05-12 02:52
I too have the radeon ve card. In windows xp With the new drives you can have two indepependent desktops without the use of the crap hydravision software. In the display properties you will see both monitors. Choose the second one and the option to extend desktop onto display.

Enjoy

danl05@hotmail.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon VE, Independent Displays?