Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Digital DVI screen messed up after restart from hibernate
Tom Obermayr   2002-05-06 10:10
hiya!

I have a GF4 with an analog monitor and a digital flat screen attached to it, running WinXP. When I return from hibernation unfortunately the digital screen is messed up, with the upper part flickering badly, while the analog monitor (powered by the same gfx card) is just fine. There is no way to get rid of the flickering until I reboot the system.

anyone have any ideas/experienced the same/solutions?

regards,
tom.
DJRobX   2002-05-17 03:54
I had similar problems with an MX400 secondary adapter.

First make sure you have the latest drivers. Second, go into your CMOS setup and turn "Disable" most of the PCI optimizations (Delayed Transaction, Byte Merge, etc). If you're overclocking - don't, at least until you get solid.

What motherboard/chipset are you using? If it's a Via, install the Raid Performance Patch in the IDE drivers section of the www.viaarena.com.

If your problem is similar to mine, you'll find that hibernation isn't the only time the display will get messed up. It can fail to come back from DPMS or from going to a full screen command prompt also. Quite a pain. I eventaully replaced it with a Matrox card after getting sick of the issues.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Digital DVI screen messed up after restart from hibernate