Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors on windows XP
Dale Rees   2002-05-07 02:38
I recently replaced my system which now runs under windows XP. My old NT system had 3-21 inch monitors each having a matrox millenium card, it worked great. The new system, still with the 3 - 21 inch monitors has some flakey aspects. I have tried 2 configurations to date, a colorgraphics multihead card, and 3 PCI ati radeon 7000 cards.
The problem is that I would like all three monitors to act as one virtual screen, my current setup repeats screen 1 wallpaper on screen 2 and 3, if you maximize a window it goes to one monitor only rather than the desktop. If you click a scrollbar on a application on screens 2 or 3 the cursor jumps to back to screen 1. And the bottom toolbar does not span all three monitors, just screen one. The screen refresh rate is now about 8 times slower than a single head identical pc
I then contacted matrox and they said that basically all the screen issues are due to XP and you can't get around them. They said that the speed issue is due to having 3 pci cards waiting for instructions through the bus, and that the cards I have tried are gaming chips infering some odd memory aspects to gaming chips. They suggest a professional card - the Matrox G200 MMS Quad card - which should solve the multicard through the bus performance issues. But claim I can't get back my virtual desktop when using XP.
Has anyone deal with any of these issues?
Sorry for being so long winded
Dale
Nite   2002-05-07 05:20
"The problem is that I would like all three monitors to act as one virtual screen, my current setup repeats screen 1 wallpaper on screen 2 and 3, if you maximize a window it goes to one monitor only rather than the desktop."

For these, use UltraMon, avalaible on this site.
For the rest, sorry, I don't know, but if I bumb into a solution, I'll let you know.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Dexter   2002-05-08 07:13
ive noticed that some programs only work full screen on the primary monitor like winmx

**$DEXTER$**
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors on windows XP