Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors and 1 video card help!! please
Tyler   2002-05-17 17:06
I've got a MSI NVidia GForce3 TI200 video card running on windows XP. I connected my main monitor via the SVG plug. On the DVI adapter I attached a DVI to SVG converter and hooked that up to my other CRT monitor.

Here's my problem... The two monitors both work, but they are just mirroring each other. I cannot get the second monitor to show up in the control panel SETTINGS folder?!??! I don't know what to do? How do I set this up so I can use photoshop on one and homesite on the other??

Just in case, here's my comp specs:

P4
19" NEC monitor CRT
17" NEC monitor CRT
MSI GForce3 TI200 vid card
Windows XP OS

oh, and i've got SuSE Linux on my second hard drive... don't even know yet if that works??

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Tyler
Tyler   2002-05-17 17:15
I'm not sure if its called SVG or not actually... whatever its called its the main (normal) plus you use to plug in your monitor to your vid card is what i'm referring to.

Thanks
kuglvinkl   2002-05-17 20:46
GeF 3 has not dual RAMDACs, You have to buy another card (second).
Dave Mittner   2002-05-24 05:12
That sounds like the same problem I'm having. It has "TwinView", which I've seen mentioned as a requirement parelleling dualhead technology. Is this not the case? I think the card I have is the GF2 equivelent of the one mentioned above. All I can get is an extended desktop or a clone, but not dual desktops.

Thanks,
Dave Mittner
Tony   2002-05-26 22:52
That'
s right, The only TwinView featured cards from NVidia are the GeForce2MX series, and the GF4 series. GF3 DOES NOT support TwinView(maybe clone, but NOT extended Desktop.

Tony.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 monitors and 1 video card help!! please