Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looks cool, but doesnt quite work right.........
Damian   2002-05-18 01:49
I have a acquired another monitor so i thought I would treat myself to a cheap pci graphics card and go down the dual monitor route. Certainly makes work easier, all that extra space is really handy. Anyway what happens since I have installed the card is crashes in games (untrapped exception)and if I set the AGP card to primary in BIOS when windows finishes starting up the primary monitor turns off. IE the display shows the bios info, then windows starting splash screen but then the primary monitor turns off, the secondary turns on. So i can not see the password dialogue. I have managed to VNC to my machine to login, after that and starting the display control panel changing anything then applying the changes everything works and it doesnt seem to crash.

Anyways I can not work out what is going on, and its confusing the life out of me. I would leave the PCI monitor as primary but it seems to hammer the AGP performance, even if the AGP monitor is set as primary in windows.

My setup is MSI motherboard (MS6380, K7T266 Pro2), Creative 3D Blaster Geforce 3 Ti 500 AGP and a Hercules 4000XT PCI.

Any ideas gladly recieved,
Thanks
Damo
Damian   2002-05-18 01:50
Oh and the OS is Windows 2000 with all the latest stuff applied.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looks cool, but doesnt quite work right.........