Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4400 & Multi-Monitors... Please Help
PIRATA!   2002-05-18 14:51
Hi!
I have found the link to this site with a research in GooGle.com.
I have an ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4400 and I would like to set it with multi-monitors.
I have made some tryes using the default WindowsXP screen proprerties and also using the Detonator's NView utility.

I would like to know if there is a way to set a multi-monitor system with the secondary monitor placed on the LEFT and with the WindowsXP Taskbar ONLY on the main-center monitor.
Thank you very much.
PIRATA!   2002-05-18 15:26
Hem... sorry about the LEFT position.
I have found now that in the Windows screen properties I can cahcne the position of the secondary monitor from RIGHT to LEFT with a mouse drag.

About the Taskbar on the center monitor... I have installed UltraMon and I have solved my problems.

I have another question. Can milti-monitor be used in games with the use of some software or must that thing be supported by the graphic card drivers?

Thank you again.
Nite   2002-05-18 17:21
Most games support multi-monitoring only via software-rendering. Quake3-based games support hardware accelerated multi-screen straight out of the box. Check more info from my site.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
PIRATA!   2002-05-19 09:56
And is it hard to make a multi-mon system for Q3A games?
Nite   2002-05-19 16:46
No. Just make sure the card(s) you use, support multi-monitor OpenGL. Almost all twinview/dualhead cards do and any combination of *similiar* nVIDIA cards should be able to do that. (f. ex. GF2MX+GF2MX or GF2+GF2MX but not GF3+GF2MX)

Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
PIRATA!   2002-05-20 11:33
I have a ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4400.
This means that I can only put another GF4?
Please show me the problem.
Tnx!
Nite   2002-05-20 17:27
Does the card have dual outputs? if so, you just need to hook two monitors to the card and you are ready to go. (some people have had problems with this and apparently the newest official detonators 18.32 doesn't offer the "use all nView capable adapters as single" option in display properties.)

If you can get windows on multiple monitors on that card, I'm pretty sure you can get Q3 too.

Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
PIRATA!   2002-06-02 20:46
I am using 2 monitors in multi-mon right now.
The fact is getting this to work with QUake III Arena.
I'll try with 2 exact same monitors... just in case.
Thank you.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4400 & Multi-Monitors... Please Help