Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitor gaming with GeForce2 MXs in Windows XP
James   2002-05-18 21:52
Hi all

I'm trying to get GL games (QuakeIIIA and Jedi Knight2) to work with my system below:

GeForce2 MX200 AGP with Twinview on 2 monitors
GeForce2 MX400 PCI on 1 monitor
Windows XP

I have the NVidia 28.32 drivers with nView enabled, but nView will only allow spanning across 2 monitors on each card.

All 3 displays are working in Windows with no problems with individual display resolutions (ie. each monitor set to screen resolution 1024x768), but presumably i need to span across all 3 monitors to allow GL games to work (ie. one screen resolution of 3072x768)

I have got QuakeIIIA to work across 2 monitors on 1 GeForce card, but is there a way of getting GL games working on all 3 monitors with the 2 cards?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
James
Nite   2002-05-18 22:30
There should be an option somewhere in the display properties called "treat all nView capable displays as single device". It should be enabled for that to work.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
James   2002-05-18 22:45
Nite

Thanks for the reply.

That setting sounds like what i'm looking for, but i can't see it anywhere.

Do you think a third party application such as RivaTuner might help?

Alternatively i have found Detonator Drivers version 29.40 (beta). I might try those first.

James
Nite   2002-05-19 04:35
Just occured that I'm not really sure if the option is there in WinXP... in earlier detonator drivers for Win2000 it was there, but...

I, unfortunately, don't own multiple nView capable boards, so I can't confirm.

Hopefully you'll find some solution.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Brandon Lunsford   2002-06-18 21:02
I too am having this little problem... Anyone figure it out or have any advice? I can not get any Q3 engine games to load on more than my primary monitor. Running with a G4 TI4400 and a G4 MX420 and 3 monitors.

Thanks

Brandon
Tony   2002-07-09 22:41
In the Dets 28.32 Win2K has the exact oppostie option, after a reg tweak. Try this:

other thread

my problem now is, after unchecking the box again, I can't get the nView span to work anymore. Maybe there is a reg tweak to enable the function Nite mentioned.

Tony.

Heli - Boarder
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitor gaming with GeForce2 MXs in Windows XP