Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce4 Ti4400 AGP + Riva TNT2 M64 PCI
Garry   2002-05-19 18:46
Hi there, 1st time here, so apologies in advance for any mistakes I make.

I have a Leadtek Geforce4 Ti4400 AGP card, and got a Riva TNT2 M64 PCI card lying about. My OS is Windows XP Pro. However, when I insert the TNT2 card, while Windows detects the card, it refuses to install the drivers, saying - Invalid data. I've downloaded the Nvidia all in one drivers and XP still refuses to install the drivers. Is there soemthing I should be doing or am I missing something?

Garry.
Nite   2002-05-19 21:23
I'm not dead-sure, but I thnk you should set the PCI card as primary in BIOS. (tho I thought that TNT2 could handle being secondary in PCI?)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Garry   2002-05-19 22:22
Hi Nite, thanks for replying.

I've set it the other way around to PCI first and I still get the same error. Other thing I can tell is that the TNT2 M64 is in the 2nd PCI slot, I couldn't fit it in the 1st due to the large heatsink :\ I find it odd considering (unless I'm wrong) Nvidia has the same set of drivers that work for the TNT2 M64 and the Geforce4 Ti4400.

Garry.
Nite   2002-05-19 22:42
Try changing PCI slots. Look in the motherboard manual and try to find a slot that doesn't share an IRQ with anything. If you have a board with two USB controllers (more than 3 USB ports) and if you don't need them, disable the secondary controller in windows' Device Manager.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Garry   2002-05-20 00:07
Hi Nite,

Hmm tried doing that, but to no avail. Perhaps I'm not doing it right. If you have the time, and sorry for the trouble, but could you please look at my motherboard's manual at -

http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/archives/mbp3v4x.zip.

The IRQ details are on the 29th and 30th page. Would I be wrong to say that I should put the TNT2 M64 on the 5th PCI? At the moment I've tried shifting the TNT2 M64 into the 2nd, 5th, and 4th slots but still no luck.

Garry.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce4 Ti4400 AGP + Riva TNT2 M64 PCI