Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Riva TNT vga & Riva TNT2 pci , Windows 98 Says "unload EMM386.exe"
Ant   2002-05-20 02:08
Hiya hope you can help me.
Im using a NVidia Rivia TNT vga card and a Riva TNT2 pci card, the adapter is recognised by windows but the device manager under the TNT2pci says "to enable multi monitor support remove EMM386 or other memory managers from config.sys because the area of memory normally used by video is in use by another prog/device" i have tried unloading emm386 and himem with no joy,also i have tried unloading various devices and swapping pci ports and all i get is the bios message on the TNT2 pci saying to adjust monitor settings to extend to this monitor but only one monitor shows in settings.Please help.

Ant
Ant   2002-05-20 04:31
THANKS EVERYONE!
All you have to do is use msconfig and goto config.sys then add new and cut/paste this: device=c:\windows\emm386.exe X=C000-CFFF
and then restart.

Ant
Ant   2002-08-22 00:54
Please help!
My dual monitors worked fine after adding to config.sys.but now its showing the same emm386 message as before even though config.sys is still modified, i think it may have been caused by running ipconfig.exe by mistake. Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

Ant
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Riva TNT vga & Riva TNT2 pci , Windows 98 Says "unload EMM386.exe"