Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitors with one AGP card (Hercules prophet III)
Atreyu179   2002-05-20 17:42
Hey, guys, I'm kinda knew to the whole dual monitor setup thing. I've used dual monitors before at my school's computer lab and I think they're great so, obviously, I wanted to have that setup at home. I've heard a theory that it is possible to convert a DVI slot to VGA and use the extra VGA slot for a second monitor. Is this possible? I have already ordered a DVI-VGA converter and am expecting to receive it tomorrow. I've also been reading that you'll more than likely need software to pull off dual monitors with just one card. I have a Hercules prophet III geforce III card with tv-out and DVI-out. I am just curious if it's possible to pull off a dual monitor rig with one AGP card with DVI-out. And if you've had any experience with this type of situation, I'm eager to learn of any troubleshooting aspects you've had to deal with as well. Thanks a lot in advance!
Nite   2002-05-20 21:52
it is possible, if the card in question is a dual-output card, which, unfortunately the GeForce3 is not. You must get a card that has "TwinView" or "DualHead" or something similiar feature.

most of GF2MX and GF4Ti cards have that feature. No GF3 card that I know of has that. Also Many of Matrox's products offer DualHead.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitors with one AGP card (Hercules prophet III)