Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 64MB nVidia GeForce2 MX 400 AGP w/ DVI & TV out : nView problems
Erica   2002-05-22 11:23
Hi all!

Just got a new Gateway system yesterday here at work and I am trying to get my nView (Twinview?) set up properly. I am running windows 2000 and a dual head 64MB nVidia GeForce2 MX400 AGP with DVI and TV out. Checking the Gateway website I found that this is an MSI card. I have 2 monitors, an 18" LCD which I want to connect to the digital head and a 21" monitor that I want to connect to the analog head. Here are my issues:

1-Can't get windows 2000 to detect both monitors at the same time. It will only detect one or the other but never both.

2-I can't get the nView to display across both monitors. If I select the clone option or any other option that should utilize both screens, both of my screens turn black and only after rebooting will anything come up. At that point the picture only comes up on the analog monitor. Nothing will come up on the LCD unless I unplug the other one.

Talked to Gateway and they say my card doesn't have the capabilities to do dual output on the same card. I didn't trust that for a minute so I want to know if anybody else has this card and if the same issues are occuring.

Thanks in advance!
Nite   2002-05-22 16:58
Well, the guys at GW are probably right, not all cards support Twinview. Check with MSI if this is so.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 64MB nVidia GeForce2 MX 400 AGP w/ DVI & TV out : nView problems