Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Monitor 1 hangs up HELP PLEASE
HenriF   2002-05-26 17:01
Hello,

When I spread my desktop on the second monitor, my first monitor goes to sleep so i just have my wallpaper on the second monitor and nothing else. There's no way to wake up monitor 1 This happened after a fresh install of Windows XP Pro.
Thank you in advance

henri
powerMarkykark   2002-06-01 00:46
Sounds like a driver problem to me. Try updating or going to alternate drivers for the vid cards.

Mark
Plan B   2002-06-01 23:44
hi folks,....

i just made my way through allmost ever old post on this board and found out that there are many people (including me) who encountered this problem, and there seems to be no solution....

the problem is, that you install the second card and when you click the " spread desktop" button the primary display goes blank and stays so...
till you change resolution of the primary device (then it stays up 4 ever).
it seems that windows sends some sleep command to the first monitor and just reactivates it when you switch resolution.

i managed the problem with adding a screensaver (which changes reolution or uses opengl) to my "autostart". but its more a half solution than a good one.

i can say a few things to the problem to make the area of failure smaller.

1.) bios is not the problem ( i tried all settings agp/pci, pci/agp, vga enabled/not enabled, etc...)
2.) monitor cables are all 100% connected; power cable AND signal cable
3.) monitor swapping causes the same problem ( but on the other display :) )
4.)all drivers are ok; i also tried 3 or 4 newer and older different drivers for both devices
5.)new installation is not the problem; i set up xp new... no change
6.) i also installed the 2 cards new; ( first agp then pci and first pci and then agp)...

my system:

1. card: asus 8200 deluxe agp
2. card: hercules 3d prophet 4000xt pci
asus p4b motherboard

hmm, i hope someone has eventually solved the prob and forgot posting it here or any other can help us out....

cheers and greetz from austria

plan b
Plan B   2002-06-02 23:16
come one ....

anybody ?

i´m desperate....

big tnx

plan b
venice   2002-06-08 12:51
don't spread. Make it multi..

just greetings
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Monitor 1 hangs up HELP PLEASE