Forums -> Multiple monitors -> secondary freezes...
flemnos   2002-05-31 05:10
I figured this might be a fairly common and easily remediable problem, but couldn't find an existing message about it. So here goes:
Running WinXP(2600) on an athlon 1gig, 512MB ram. I've got an AGP geforce2 mx400 64mb (aBit Siluro, if I recall correctly) as primary on a flat-panel. I've got a PCI geforce2 mx200 32MB (PNY verto) as secondary with an old compaq monitor... presario 1525 it says on it. I'm using the 28.32 detonator drivers for both.
The problem comes in when I'm trying to do stuff (just about anything involving things moving around and stuff happening on the screen: browsing with iexplore or explorer, mirc, tossing AIM over there and using it). It also hangs in much the same manner when I make it primary and disable the agp card (everything completely freezing with nothing abnormal that I can tell causing it to stop--that is, it doesn't necessarily hang when I try to move a window, or try to open something new, or try to close something old... at least, not consistently).
Might it be a driver problem? Card conflicts? Aliens?

Thanks for any help,
powerMarkykark   2002-06-01 00:42
Had the same proble until I updated my vid card drivers. If you tried that you might go to some alternate drivers.

Mark
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> secondary freezes...