Forums -> Multiple monitors -> different wallpaper on each monitor
Howard Wettstein   2002-06-06 03:47
Is that possible? I have ultra-mon.

Howard Wettstein
Christian Studer   2002-06-06 03:57
To do this with UltraMon, choose Wallpaper from the UltraMon menu, select the option 'a different background/image for each monitor', then assign an image to each monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Mel Danes   2002-06-13 01:23
I have a dual monitor solution. Two Dell monitors sise by side. I have tried to do this simple task. I have the images loaded into the Wallpaper: area and the radio button set for "a different background/image for each monitor". I will chose an image then chose the secondary display and the image stays on the left monitor only, even if I use the drag down I can not get the second display to show it's own image. I can use one for both or stretch one across both. I have an AGP card for the primary(left)display and a PCI card for the secondary(right)display. Help
Mel Danes   2002-06-13 01:33
I am able to change colors on the second screen though. The image location shows for the images on the left but again I can not get a seperate image to on the right, only duplicates through basic windows 2000 or a stretched. Thanks
Christian Studer   2002-06-13 01:36
The list on the left shows wallpapers, not images. For UltraMon, a wallpaper is a collection of one or more images, whereas Windows doesn't make a difference between wallpaper and image.

To select an image for a monitor, first select the monitor, then click the Browse button to select an image. Repeat this for each monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Ian Kullhem   2002-06-13 07:53
Theres an easy way to do this without UltraMon as well.

I use photoshop, but any image editing tool will work. Create a new image the width of your entire desktop (all screen resolutions added together) and the Maximum height of your desktop.

Then paste the images you want for your backgrounds into the image starting on the left with your primary monitor and lining them up to the right.

Then load the image as a background in windows set to tile.

Here's mine as an example.

I have 3 monitors, primary in the middle.

Middle monitor at 1280x960, two side monitors at 1024x768.

I have an image of dimensions 3328x960. In the image I have my 1280x960 background on the left, and then my two 1024x768 backgrounds to the right of that. The center image becomes the background for my right monitor and hte right image loops back around on the desktop for my left monitor.

If you have any quesitons, email me and I'll send you a jpeg example of this.

---
Ian "I-Dawg" Kullhem
I-Dawg@totalspeed.net
Stephen   2002-07-01 17:17
There's an even simpler way...HTML!

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp#DesktopWallpaper
Stephen   2002-07-01 17:17
Or even better, a link that works!

Stephen   2002-07-01 17:18
Sorry, new to this... no testing facility...

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp#DesktopWallpaper
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> different wallpaper on each monitor