Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Callibrate multiple monitors to match colors
guido   2002-06-10 20:57
Hi, I'm a graphic designer and therefor would want my monitors to show the same colours, I have to flexscan's T962 identical monitors, this is not enough unfortunately, the color stil differs
:( I have a onboard and a matrox millennium2 card.

Does any one know how I can callibrate the monitors/videocards to show the same colors. Or know some handy software to do this for me?

Thnx in advance

greets,

Guido
Stefan   2002-06-10 22:04
1.You need a calibraton system,for example colorvision´s optical or the eye-one system.
2.Your graphics cards need to be calibratable,what nearly every card is,excepted really old cards (4 years or so).
3.It depends on your operating system:If you have a Mac,you can calibrate and profile both monitors.If you have windows,you can only calibrate and profile the primary monitor.The secondary can only be profiled,not calibrated,due to limitations of windows.But within an application,that can handle ICC-profiles,you will get a very close match between the two monitors.
I`m running windows and calibrate my monitors using a DTP 92(x-rite monitor optimizer) with colorvision`s optical on totally different monitors.They match up to 95% now.Colorvision will tell you,that it`s not possible under windows,because the secondary cannot be calibrated,but they forget,that you can profile it.And let me tell you,it does work.
Stefan
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Callibrate multiple monitors to match colors