Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video playback on secondary monitor hangs the system
Nigel Gosling   2002-06-27 09:20
Hello.

I have a Pentium 3/500 system with an ATI Rage Pro (AGP) and a Matrox Mystique 220 (PCI) with Rainbow Runner Studio.

I have the latest drivers for both these cards, and I am using Windows 98 SE.

My system BIOS Setup program allows me to select either card as the primary monitor.

When I try to play a video file (MPEG-1) on the secondary monitor (which ever card is set as secondary) the system hangs. I have tried various video players, and all do the same thing. If I set the system up with only one monitor, the video playback works which ever card I use.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why this might be, and what I may be able to do to sort it out.

Thanks,

Nigel.
PaulzY   2002-06-27 23:35
i had simular problem with a banshee for second monitor, try putting the pci card in slot one next to the agp card and making set it to display first in bios (in integrated...)

then in windows set the one you want to be primary. this may only apply for winxp though but give it a try.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video playback on secondary monitor hangs the system