Forums -> Multiple monitors -> UtraMon and playing game on my master display and chat on second at the same time
swiftglx   2002-07-02 05:52
Hi,

I recently put an ASUS PCI V264VT (ATI 3DII chip) next to my ASUS GF2. I installed Ultramon and my idea was to play, for example MOHAA, on my GF2 card and use MSN or ICQ on the V264VT.
But when playing MOHAA, the mouse is locked for the game. How can you switch monitors??
Christian Studer   2002-07-03 00:45
UltraMon won't help with this. You'll have to switch away from the game with ALT+TAB (if possible).

A 'unlock mouse' feature has been suggested, it's something I'm going to look into after 2.0 final has been released, but I don't know if it is possible to implement this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
swiftglx   2002-07-06 01:55
Ok. Too bad. Thx for the info. Someone mentioned it would be possible with a script he saw on Internet. He doesn't know the location anymmore.
Als too bad.
Well any other suggestion to complish this are welcome.
deepclone   2002-07-08 20:15
If you play on Win2k or WinXP press CTRL-ALT-DEL and the "Task Manager" pops-up. On Win2k you have to select Task Manager IIRC. Then once it starts up your mouse if "free". Just click on the game to resume gaming. One not so good thing with the Quake3 engine is that is changes the brightnes so everyting is so damn bright but you get use to it.
GeeZuZz   2002-07-15 06:45
I was wondering about the same. It is so sad that i can't use the LAN chat program on the secondary monitor while playing game on the primary. But i can read the messages while playing though... :)
Demigeek   2002-07-26 02:42
I've been looking into the same problem. I now use 1 comp for playing a game, and a 2nd for chatting.

Best thing I can come up with is using a KVM to use my secondary monitor as primary for my 2nd system (lost you yet?), but this means the KVM needs to be able to switch monitor and keyboard/mouse independently. Anyone got any tips, either for a KVM that supports this or more preferable a software solution for the original problem?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> UtraMon and playing game on my master display and chat on second at the same time