Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help with dual monitor on XP
Alex   2002-07-05 11:31
Hi, I have PC with built in AGP card, I added one more PCI card, the bigest problem I have is that it is only working as extended display really, it doesnt work like if I would have two desktop each with task bar and MOST IMPORTANT each with its own screen saver, so if one monitor showing screen saver and at the same time I am working on another - it will not stop screen saver on first monitor. Can they work as I want it to work? Can I have two complitelly separate monitors not extended?
Thank you very much.
Nite   2002-07-05 18:04
Try UltraMon, it has such functionality.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Alex   2002-07-06 14:17
It is not true, with UltraMon one monitor showing screensaver, other is just black. And if mirroring set on it isnt working at all.
Nite   2002-07-06 17:46
Ohwell, I remembered wrong :) A thing called Screen Player allows you to run screens savers on secondary screens while working on the other.

But UltraMon can do the taskbar.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Ian Kullhem   2002-07-07 02:10
Actually, the latest version of UltraMon allows you to set a different screensaver for each monitor. So you might want to try that. Then use the Smart Taskbars if you want a taskbar on each monitor.

For what you are looking for, don't use mirroring, as that just duplicates the primary display onto the secondary monitor.
--
I-Dawg
I-Dawg@totalspeed.net
Alex   2002-07-07 06:37
Noup, still not there... I am using latest ultramon and it is not working, I mean you can (doesnt work good anyway) set two different screensavers on two monitors, but you cannot have screen saver running on one and working on the other. As for screen player.... yes I can run screensaver on one monitor and working on the other with that, but if I am using that monitor with screensaver running gets LOCKED and nothing stops that screen saver. Please, need help.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help with dual monitor on XP