Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Program for one click enabling/disabling of screensaver?
chris keleshian   2002-07-07 03:01
i'm looking for a program or vbscript that will let me enable/disable my screensaver and 15minute idle monitor sleep time with one or two clicks.

explanation: i have 3 flat panel monitors, and the middle, biggest one is also connected to a playstation 2 vga adapter. When i'm playing the playstation 2, I want my side monitors to remain on, even though I idle, so that I can monitor programs and chats and email. As it is now, I have to go through the annoying clicking of chaning my screensaver to none, and going to power options and setting it to always on, then changing back when done. This is a big pain in the pooper. I know a simple program or vbscript can do this, since i have one that disables and enables the secondary monitors. if you have any idea at all how this is possible, please let me know.
Christian Studer   2002-07-07 03:39
UltraMon can enable/disable the screen saver, and there are lots of other apps for this as well, try download.com.

Don't know if there are any applications for changing power saving options.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
chris keleshian   2002-07-08 20:37
heh, ultramon is cool, i tried it. i think i'm just going to have to find a good anti-idling program. thanks for your help.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Program for one click enabling/disabling of screensaver?