Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors - single desktop
Kent Hu   2002-07-09 13:17
Hi there,

I am trying to set up a new system Win2000 with 3 Monitors. I have not decide on the video cards to use, either multiple video cards or a multi-monitor video card.

My main concern is whether I could set it up in a single desktop configuration. I need to run an application software, which can only be run only once at a time. And this application window will stretch from monitor 1 to monitor 3. Inside this application window, i will have sub-windows, of which I could freely position it in either of the monitors (as long as the subwindows are within the application window).

Thanks for any help.

kent
Nite   2002-07-09 17:21
I'd suggest a single-board multi-output device. Though I just few days earlier heard that ATI is able to use the stretched mode across multiple Radeon cards. So either a single board, or multiple radeons, whichever suits you better.

Personally, I'd suggest that you go with Parhelia :)

--
\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Tony   2002-07-09 22:26
either the parhelia, or a dual PCI RADEON plus a single (dual->4screens) ;) AGP RADEON. I thougt the new Detonators also support this feature, if so, 2 GF4s (MX) are also an option.

Tony.

Heli - Boarder
Yan   2002-07-11 00:56
I'm trying to build a new P4 machine, using a 533MHz mobo, which can do the same as above, (i.e., stretching the desktop over two or three displays, e.g., showing the front of a train in the first display and its end in the last display.) I heard that nView cannot do this. If true, then the ATI Radeon 8500 plus an extra card seems to be the only choice. Any comments / ideas are most welcomed. Thanx in advance. Yan
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors - single desktop