Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 of the Same GeForce Cards with DVI out for 3 flat panels....
LG   2002-07-13 16:53
Quick question guys,

First do any of the GeForce 4 model cards offer DVI out? Secondly, can I use 3 of the same GeForce 4 models (e.g. MX or Ti) all PCI in concert with each other? Lastly, since I'd be using 3 different cards, then each one should be able to support its own max resolution right? I need 1600 x 1200 (times 3) for each 20" flat panel. HELP

Thanks

LG
Biff   2002-07-13 20:42
> First do any of the GeForce 4 model cards offer DVI out?

Pretty much any GeForce 4 Ti offers at least 1. The Gainward 700 and 750XP have two. Some 4 MX cards are also available in versions with a DVI interface.

> Secondly, can I use 3 of the same GeForce 4 models (e.g. MX or Ti) all PCI in concert with each other?

Yes, you can even mix different types. I don't think anyone is putting 4 Ti's on PCI cards, though. However, a couple of companies manufacture GeForce 4 MX PCI cards, usually the low end 420 with SDRAM one.

Personally, I went with 1 AGP Gainward card and 1 additional PCI card.

> Lastly, since I'd be using 3 different cards, then each one should be able to support its own max resolution right? I need 1600 x 1200 (times 3) for each 20" flat panel. HELP

Yes, this is possible, even if you wouldn't be using separate cards (tho for Windows 2000, you'd need to make a few changes, see http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/forum/messages.asp?Topic=1325&tmpl= )
LG   2002-07-27 10:43
Thanks....
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 of the Same GeForce Cards with DVI out for 3 flat panels....