Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with 2 monitors.(GTA3, WMP8 and more)
GeeZuZz   2002-07-14 13:08
I just got myself a ATI Radeon 8500, and have 2 monitors connected. I also have 2 problems...

1.When i play GTA3, the mouse cursor won't stay on the screen with the game. When i move the mouse to the side, it appears on the other monitor, and when i click the mousebuttons, the game minimizes to tray. This is extremely annoying! What's wrong? is it possible ti fix this?

2. Windows Media Player 8 only goes to fullscreen on monitor 1. Is it possible to make it go fullscreen on the monitor the player is placed? a registry fix or something? the old media player works fine..

3. In the user manual for my card, it says I can't use the TV and 2 CRT monitors at the same time, because the card will get overloaded resulting in bad signals on all displays. I tested this, but everything looked OK. Are there any danger if everything lookes OK? or shouldn't i use all displays at the same time anyway?

Hope someone have a smart answere here...
Biff   2002-07-14 21:45
I don't have a smart answer, but I've also noticed the GTA3 issue on a PC with a GeForce 3 + GF2 MX dual setup, and the only way I found to avoid it is to disable the second screen temporarily.
GeeZuZz   2002-07-15 02:11
Yes, i've tried that too, but my computer crashes when i uncheck the "extend my desktop..." button!

Both monitors go black, and after about 10 seconds the computer reboots. This message is left in event viewer:

The driver ati2dvag for the display device \Device\Video2 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates."

I have the latest driver...
Nite   2002-07-15 05:50
Hi. I'm back again :)

1. Uses UltraMon's "Lock Mouse" function with hotkey (I use CTRL-SHFT-1). works almost perfectly :)

2. Unfortunately no, WMP *always* displays fullscreen on primary, it can't be changed.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
GeeZuZz   2002-07-15 06:33
Thank you man!! i'm sure that will fix it!
Why didn't I notice that UltraMon had hotkeys??

Pretty strange that WMP 6.2 goes in fullscreen to current monitor, but not WMP8...
but i actually found a solution to that also:

using the ATI Hydravision i made a hotkey that "moves window to secondary monitor" - and i don't know why, but when i use the hotkey to move WMP8 to the other screen - it goes fullscreen on the secondary monitor!
GeeZuZz   2002-07-15 06:34
Thank you man!! i'm sure that will fix it!
Why didn't I notice that UltraMon had hotkeys??

Pretty strange that WMP 6.2 goes in fullscreen to current monitor, but not WMP8...
but i actually found a solution to that also:

using the ATI Hydravision i made a hotkey that "moves window to secondary monitor" - and i don't know why, but when i use the hotkey to move WMP8 to the other screen - it goes fullscreen on the secondary monitor!
XtremeAzzKicker   2002-09-09 08:28
GTA3 for PC still has some bugs to work out. i have had some problems with it....and the new Windows Media player 9 beta will go to full screen which ever monitor you want
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with 2 monitors.(GTA3, WMP8 and more)