Forums -> Multiple monitors -> The best all around secondary card.
JzL   2002-07-19 02:49
I recently bought a Geforce 4 mx 420 for my secondary monitor. I have it going and besides a few IRQ hicups that I need to fix, everything is fine.

Here is my question. Should I take the Geforce 4 MX420 back and get a MATROX G200 MULTI MONITOR G2+ QUAD VIDEO CARD off of ebay. I like the setup that I have with the Geforce 3 as Primary with 19" triniton and the Geforce 4 as secondary with 17" CRT EV770 , but I have 2 additional 15" monitors that would look nice in a 4 monitor setup.

If you canm will some of you "godz of the Multi monitor world" give your opinion on what you would do. Thanks for all of your comments.

Thanx

JzL
Nite   2002-07-19 03:46
If you play any games, don't bother for the G200MMS, it's quite awful with HW accelerated games.

On the other hand, if you *don't* play games and have the $$$ for the card (its around $700-800 when bought retail) you should really go for it.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
JzL   2002-07-19 04:45
Nite, If I were to still have the Geforce 3 ti 200 as my Primary, wouldnt this take care of that. All Gaming will be done one the Primary monitor, right? I was hoping to get to keep the GF 3 as my primary and hook the others up off of the Matrox PCI card.

Thanx

JzL
Nite   2002-07-19 05:10
Well, that should work OK. Only problem is, that the G200MMS is a pretty costly card... :)

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
JzL   2002-07-19 05:48
Does it matter if it is Retail or if it is a pull from a Compaq?

Thanx

JzL
THG Taiwan   2002-08-22 12:12
It shouldn't matter at all in theory. Who knows what Compaq does to the bios of the card to build in obsolescence so that you have to upgrade. In theory it should work just fine as it might be in fact the exact same card as the boxed version.
THG Taiwan   2002-08-22 12:14
Opps sorry, I thought you meant pull out a Matrox GMMS 200 card from a Compaq system that it was preinstalled in, I didn't know you meant a Compaq branded 4 monitor card. This I am not sure of.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> The best all around secondary card.